I have been hosting a Women’s Bible Study, “Brave,” by Angela Thomas in my home for a few weeks now. Last night our subject was “I am suffering a thorn.”
The apostle Paul wrote about this thorn: “to keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleased with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’”
You may be suffering a thorn or thinking to yourself…what is she talking about?
Let’s look at some characteristics of a thorn Angela shared with us:
- A thorn cannot be removed by your own power
- The originator of the thorn is Satan!
- A thorn torments the soul with PAIN and DOUBT
Angela added that there is comfort in knowing that God is with us and is revealing His character to us!
- I AM able…to remove your thorn in My time
- I AM sufficient…while this thorn is yours to bear.
- I AM good. Even while you are enduring this pain.
- I AM omniscient…able to see the work happening in your soul.
- I AM here…and you are never alone.
Love Heart, your thorn is not a punishment. God has promised to bring what was meant for evil into good.
“You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. (Genesis 50:20, NIV)
Let’s continue seeking God’s character while suffering our thorn! His Grace is Sufficient…~Deb.